Stage one (submissions):
In order for your submissions to qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- The participating students must be UAE citizens or residents in grades 9 – 11 during the academic year 2018 – 2019
- Each team must be comprised of 2-3 team members guided by a mentor or coach. Each team can submit only one entry to the EGA Aluminium Design Challenge. However, schools may have multiple entries.
- Each mentor or coach must officially register at the registration site on or before 6 December 2018 at 23:59 (+4 GMT).
- Submissions must be entered into one of four categories by 13 January 2019 at 23:59 (+4 GMT):
- Futuristic transportation
- Architectural marvel
- Kinetic art
- Humanitarian relief packaging
- The parents or guardians of each participant must complete a consent form, which can be downloaded at the Required forms page
- Each submission should include:
- A project Summary of 300 words
- A project portfolio that is no more than 10 pages, and includes a visual illustration/image/sketch of the proposed idea and a two minute video. Submissions may also include a design in a CAD file format. The mandatory project portfolio template can be downloaded at the Required forms page. View Submission guidelines for further information.
Stage two (the finals):
Shortlisted finalists will be eligible to participate in the final event on January 2019 in the UAE.
Finalists will receive a prototyping kit with components that can be used to construct a physical prototype of their submission.
Shortlisted teams will receive additional details on the requirements of the prototype.
Back to The EGA Aluminium Design Challenge.